Since 1999, the Gerischer Symposium has been organized every 3rd year on a special topic of fundamental electrochemistry.
The 1st Gerischer-Kolb Symposium, an International Bunsen Discussion Meeting, is a continuation of this series.
It will be devoted to Electrochemical Surface Science, as this topic has been addressed by Dieter M. Kolb, whose scientific mentor was Heinz Gerischer.
- FUNDAMENTALS – EXPLORING SOLID-LIQUID INTERFACES
- Preparation and structure of well-defined electrode surfaces (metals, semiconductors, single crystals, shaped nanoparticles and cl usters)
- Electrified interfaces including aqueous electrolytes and ionic liquids
- In-situ/ex-situ studies on structure, topography, chemistry and energetics
- Theory and modelling of solid-liquid interfaces
- Charge transfer dynamics (experiments and theory)
- ELECTROCATALYSIS – STRUCTURE-ACTIVITY RELATIONS
- Mechanisms of simple reactions (hydrogen, oxygen, small organic molecules)
- In-situ/ex-situ surface analysis and spectroscopy
- Tailoring properties by electrodeposition onto metals and semiconductors
- Advanced structures (SAM-Catalyst, Metal-Semiconductor-Electrolyte)
- LIGHT-INDUCED PROCESSES – PHOTOELECTROCHEMISTRY
- Earth abundant absorbers and catalysts
- Combinatorial approaches for materials development
- Integrated systems for water splitting
- Solar fuel generators-modelling